Monday, March 16, 2015

With All Your Heart, Might, Mind and Strength - Feb. 2, 2015

Alright Family!

 It's so good to hear from you guys!! I'm glad that you are enjoying the warm weather because it is absolutely freezing over here :) Way to go Mads in your basketball games! 4 point play?? That's my girl! I can't believe you're almost done with your season. Good luck with the rest of it! How long will Katie and Trevor be living with you guys? Sounds like it's going to be a party! I'm excited to hear how the basement goes. I love it when dad gets new ideas :)
 This week has been pretty good! I realize that I say that a lot haha but things usually just are :) We had a lot more finding this week than we did last week but we had a lot of neat experiences and were able to find joy in the work. One thing that I have learned while being out here is to expect miracles. When we are being obedient and doing the best that we can the Lord WILL bless us. We had been finding in Dudley for a solid forty-minutes and were having very little success. It was cold and windy, we had had a long day, and we were feeling pretty discouraged.  I prayed that Heavenly Father would help us and allow us to find someone that was interested in learning more. We came to a road and I felt like we should cross the road and go a different way. We did and the first person that we talked to was interested. His name is Wayne and he is awesome! He told us that he has been thinking about going back to church for the past three months but just hasn't gotten around to it. We were able to teach him the Restoration and committed him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. It was such an amazing experience! I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us and will give us the things that we need, but only after the trial of our faith. We were also able to talk to a man named Shah! He didn't seem very interested at first, but we were following up with him later in the day and he is so excited! He has told his whole family about us and is very interested in learning more :) I'm so grateful for experiences like these that make every long day, and every difficult moment worth it.  
 The subject line for this week comes from Doctrine and Covenants 4:2. "Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God and the last day." We recite this section every morning along with our purpose and it has come to mean a great deal to me. I love having that constant reminder every morning that I am part of this marvelous work. I know that this work is not about me and that it never will be. I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity to give all that I have and all that I am to building up the kingdom of God. I love my Saviour and I'm so grateful for his perfect example.

Thank you guys for all of your love and support! I hope you have an amazing week!

love,
sister wilde



No comments:

Post a Comment