Monday, March 16, 2015

Love the Lord - Jan. 12, 2015



Hey Family,

 I'm glad to hear that the packages made it! I have an order for another name tag so don't worry too much about having that one :) Also, congrats to Katie and Trevor! That's so awesome!! I'm excited to hear how things go. The package that you sent hasn't arrived yet but I'm definitely looking forward to it!!
 This week has been pretty good! We've had long days with finding, but things are starting to pick up. We have a new investigator named Edgar and he is really cool. He said that he doesn't live around Dudley, where we found him, but hopefully he'll still be in our area so we can continue to teach him. Things are going really well with Sister Sorensen and we are having a lot of fun. There are long and tiring days, but at the end of the day we know that we are doing the Lord's work and we will be blessed if we try our best. So as you've probably realized, Georgette wasn't baptised this past week. Her family came into town over Christmas and we haven't been able to see her since. We finally got in touch with her last week and will be seeing her tomorrow. Hopefully things will go well and we'll be able to get back on track :) Nathan, one of our recent converts is starting the smoking program again and is working towards going to the temple on February 7th! He's pretty excited about that and so are we! :)
 We had zone meeting this past week and one of our zone leaders, Elder Unice, said something that I really liked. He said "casualty is a casualty". We talked about how we need to be doing our best every day and not let the little casualty's, (sleeping in, getting out of the flat late, singing "normal" songs, etc), get in the way of our work. He also talked about how having a missionary badge doesn't guarantee you a good experience. That hit me pretty hard and I realized that there are things that I wanted to do differently and change that would allow me to have the best experience possible. In Mark 12:30 it talks about loving the Lord with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our mind, and with all our strength. I know that as we love the Lord with everything that we are, we want to become more like Him and do what want us to do. As we love the Lord we can find a peace and happiness that doesn't come from anywhere else. It is by loving the Lord that we have a desire to serve Him and that desire enables us to change. I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father and for everything that He has blessed me with. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve Him. I heard this in Relief Society and I really liked it. I think it is from President Benson. "When we put God first, everything else falls into place or out of our lives." 

Thank you for all of your support and love!! Talk to you soon!

Love, 

Sister Megan Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment