Monday, March 16, 2015

March 2, 2015

Hey Fam!

 It was so good to hear from you! Sounds like things are busier than ever :) Things have been pretty busy here as well. We were able to have a lot more success with finding and our teaching pool is starting to get bigger. This is week five of our transfer and it makes me kind of sad to think that I may not be teaching a lot of this people anymore. But it also makes me want to find so many more people so that Sister Sorensen and whomever her new companion is will be overwhelmed with how many teaching appointments they have. That's the goal anyways :)
 So here are some of the highlights!!

· Exchanges with Sister Stone! It was soo much fun. Sister Stone is from Southern Utah and has been out for 9 months. She is a BEAST! We had a solid six hours of finding and it was incredible. We had set some really high goals for ourselves during planning the night before and were trying our absolute hardest to accomplish them. We were so blessed!! Sister Stone and I were able to find 19 potentials and teach 5 other lessons on the street. One of them being with our new investigator Lee G.t! He is the coolest! We had a lesson with him this week and when were teaching him about Joseph Smith he told us that he knew that it was true. It was amazing! He has a lot of questions and a few ideas of his own, but he has such a tender heart and I can already see the spirit working with him. Also, he is obsessed with Elvis Presley. You might even be able to find some of his videos on youtube...
· Phil. He is a media referral that we got last week. We stopped by his house to give him the Book of Mormon that he requested but he wasn't home. The number that we had didn't have the right amount of numbers so we wrote him a little note on a pass-along card and gave him our number. Due to past experiences I was pretty certain that we'd just have to plan another time next week to stop by because no one ever gives us a call. As you can pretty well guess, he called!! He was so nervous and is really shy, but he was so nice and wanted to see us as soon as we could. Unfortunately our member cancelled on us last minute and we were only able to stop on his doorstep.  While we were talking to him he said, "So do you want to set up another time to meet or do you want me to come to one of your services?" Sister Sorensen and I smiled and each other and said, "Both." :)

    It has been a pretty great week! We worked really hard, were as obedient as we could be, and Heavenly Father blessed us because of it. Unfortunately this week started off pretty rough when we found out that Jeremy wasn't going to be able to change his shift and that he was still going to have to work Sundays. It was horrible. I was so confused and I didn't understand why Heavenly Father would make him wait this long, have this opportunity come up, and then not allow it to happen. But as I prayed for peace and understanding I had an overwhelming feeling come over me and I could feel the love that my Heavenly Father had for me as well as for Jeremy. And even though I still don't know how it's going to happen, I know that I can trust that everything is going to turn out the way that it is supposed to. 
  Thank you for all of your prayers and support!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Love,

Sister Wilde

1 comment: