Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy New Year! Jan. 5, 2015


Hey family!!

  Happy New Year!! I can't believe that it is already 2015 and that it is the beginning of my "full year" on my mission. I'm so grateful for everything I've experienced so far and I'm looking forward to what's ahead. The Lord truly is hastening His work and I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be apart of it :)
  This week has been pretty good! We have had a lot of finding to do but we've been able to meet some really cool people. One of them is a man named Feroz. We were doing some finding in Dudley and we had received a challenge that day from the Zone Leaders to hand out two copies of the Book of Mormon. We weren't having a lot of success and things were going pretty slow. Then we saw Feroz standing outside of a shop so we decided to go talk to him. We talked to him about things that made him happy and how he felt about the new year. He said that his family made him happy and that it was a hard time for him because he misses them a lot. We talked to him a little bit and were able to give him a Book of Mormon. We got his number and directed him to Moroni ch 10. He opened it and started reading it right then. It was kind of awkward because we didn't know what to do next, but after a few minutes he looked up and he had a tear running down his cheek. We asked him what was wrong and he just said that it made him remember something about his family back home in Texas. I was then able to testify to him that I knew that the Book of Mormon was true, that it was something that would bring peace and happiness to his life, and that he could come to know that it is true for himself through prayer. He said that he would be happy to meet with us again and we are planning to see him next week. It was such an amazing experience! I know that the Lord truly is preparing people and that the message of the restored gospel is true! 
 This week I was also able to finish reading the Book of Mormon and I know with all of my heart that is is true!! It truly is the word of God and it testifies of Jesus Christ. He is our Saviour and Redeemer and it is only through Him that we can return to our loving Heavenly Father. I know that it was translated through the power of God and that it is the most correct of any book. When combined with the spirit it is the most powerful tool in conversion and I know that even as members we can become more and more converted as we read from it every day. As we come to understand His character, we will want to change and become more like Him. I know that this church is true and that Jesus Christ lives. As we reflect on the past year and set goals for the year ahead, may we turn our thoughts to Him and become more converted. I love you all!! Thank you for everything that you do for me! I am TRULY blessed. Talk to you next week! 

Love,
Sister Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment