Monday, March 16, 2015

6 Months!! - March 9, 2015

Hey Family!

 I can't believe that it will be 6 months this week! It has gone so quickly!! I think about when I first got here and where I am now and I'm so grateful for all of the experiences that heavenly Father has blessed me with. It makes me sad to think about leaving this place, I don't know for sure if I'll even be going, but I'm excited to see what's going to happen!  For my bodies sake I hope it's a biking area.. ;)
 This week has been pretty slow. Sister Sorensen has had a cold for a good part of the week and she woke up with conjuctivitis (sp?) in her eye. Not a fun way to end the transfer! But we've gotten her some ointment and she is doing better :) The weather is also starting to get better and the flowers are beginning to bloom. It is a beautiful sight! 
 So I have been telling you about most of my experiences here in Woodsetton but there is one that I have been waiting to tell you about. It happened back in December but it was kind of intense and I didn't want to worry you Mom. But it's been a couple of months and everything is good. Does this sound suspicious? Good :) Well I'm going to tell you. (Also I've been wanting to use this as an intro for quite some time so just bear with me) So this is a story all about how my life got twisted upside down so I'd like to take a minute and just sit right, and tell you how I cut my foot on a mirror :) One morning after exercise, I went upstairs to get in the shower. This was when Sister Urbani was with us and her bed was between the other two, leaving very little room to get to the bathroom. By the dresser was an old broken mirror with lots of sharp edges. I went to step in between the beds and the next thing I knew my foot was in a lot of pain. I looked down and saw that my foot was bleeding. I panicked a little bit but didn't think that much of it. I hobbled into the bathroom and realized that my cut was a lot worse. I didn't know what to do so I just called for help. Apparently my companions didn't think that much of it or were confused because it took them a couple of minutes to come up. By the time they came up, there was a large puddle of blood beneath my foot and it was aching really bad. I put my foot in the tub and washed it with the shower head. It was way bad!! We called Sister Rasmussen and she told us that we needed to go to the A&E (emergency room). So we called up a member, at 7:30 in the morning, and they took me to the hospital. They took me back and told me that because of the flap of skin they wouldn't be able to do stitches. So they cleaned me up and put some steri-strips on and called it good. It was pretty hard to walk on and hurt pretty bad but healed pretty quickly. Now I have a nice scar on the outside of my left foot :) 
  Well now you know! Whew! Glad I finally got it off my chest :) I'll attach some of the photos with this email, viewer discretion advised, and then I'll put some of the ones from our p-day in the city on drop box.  But I hope you guys have a wonderful week! This church is true, the book is blue! I love you all! Talk to you next week!!


Sister Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment