Monday, March 16, 2015

The Lord's Timing - Feb. 16, 2015

Hey Family!!

 So first of all I want to apologize to Evie and Trevor. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I was telling myself all day that I couldn't forget to say it and then I did. But I hope that you both had great days :) Thank you for your emails! It sounds like Stake Conference was a really good experience. We have stake conference this weekend and I'm super stoked. Donald L. Hallstrom is coming to speak to us and it should be really good!  So unfortunately the warm weather didn't stay very long and it's gotten pretty cold again. Today we had proper English weather and it POURED. I don't like being wet but it's kind of fun to be here in the rain :)
  This week has been crazy! We've had a rough week with finding but we were able to have some pretty great experiences. On Thursday we had a lesson with Janel, a singer/songwriter that we met a few weeks ago. She does her own gospel music and she has a really firm belief in Jesus Christ. We taught her the Restoration and invited her to be baptized on March 14th. She said yes! We were pretty excited :) We haven't been able to see her since but we've been in daily contact with here and she's doing pretty good. She just started work up again so hopefully we'll be able to see her before she gets too busy. We were also able to have a lesson with Jeremy. It was probably one of the best lessons that I've had so far on my mission. We watched Finding Faith in Christ and read from Alma 32. He had a lot of really good questions and I felt the Spirit guiding us while we answered them. It was amazing! Then we started talking about the Book of Mormon and the Bible. He has been struggling with the Book of Mormon for a while now and thinks that it is saying something different to the Bible about the Godhead. We talked about how the are one in purpose and how Jesus Christ was sent to do the will of the Father. Everything that He did was to represent God and as we come to know Him we come to know God. Then we talked about how Heavenly Father is not partial to His children and how they all needed the Gospel of Jesus Christ; even the people in the Ancient Americas. In my studies a couple of weeks ago I read in Ezekiel 37 and I felt like we should read it with him. He read versus 15-17 out loud, which talk about the stick of Judah and the stick of Joseph, and said, "Hmm, I've never read that before." It was so cool! I could see the spirit working with him and knew that he could feel it. Then we asked him about his work situation. he hasn't been able to come to church because he works every Saturday and Sunday all day. About a month ago he told us that there would be a shift change opportunity that would allow him to be able to have Sundays off. But then his shift manager went somewhere else and he would have to wait to talk to him. In our lesson he told us that the manager was going to be back the next day and that he was finally going to be able to talk to him. The best news ever!! We decided that we would have a fast and that we would call him that night to see how everything went. That was on Friday. Saturday night came around, we broke our fast, and it was time for us to give him a call. We didn't get through at first but he called us back a couple of minutes later. He said, "You guys must have been praying pretty hard because I didn't have to go up and talk to him. As soon as I got to work he walked up to me and asked if I wanted to change my shift for the next 3 months." Biggest miracle ever!! He has been waiting for this answer for at least five months. He was buzzin, we were buzzin, and it was the best thing ever. He said that there were still a few things to work out but that things were looking really good :)
 Now there are a lot of things that I don't know, but there is one thing that I do know. HEAVENLY FATHER ANSWERS PRAYERS. He is there and He is listening. We just need to trust in His timing. This brings to mind one of my favourite phrases. "Be still, and know that I am God."

  Thank you so much for all of your love and support!! I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Wilde











No comments:

Post a Comment