Monday, March 16, 2015

Jan. 19, 2015



Hey Family!!

  Thank you so much for the birthday package!! We decided to wait around the flat for the mail this morning to see if it would come, and when I heard our phone ring I booked it down the stairs to meet the mailman. I was pretty stoked :) But I'm glad that the Youth Conference Fireside went well!! I know that the youth are going to continue to have a good experience and that it will be something that they will always remember. You guys are amazing!!
  This week has been pretty solid! We had a shorter working week because of interviews on Thursday, Follow-up training meeting on Friday, and exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders from Friday/Saturday but it was all really good. President Rasmussen does a lot of the training at the meeting and one of the main focuses of our meeting was on prayer. President asked us if we were praying out loud, and that if we weren't, we were invited to repent and begin doing so. I'm not going to tell you to repent, but may I encourage you to all begin saying your prayers out loud. It has changed and improved my prayers tremendously! They are more sincere and I can feel them being led by the Spirit. I know that I am having a real conversation with my Heavenly Father and I know that He is listening. I would love to hear about any experiences that you have while trying this! :) This time for exchanges, it was my turn to go to a different area. They don't normally leave the new missionary in their area but the stls felt like Sister Sorensen should stay so into Harbourne I went. I was with Sister Eldredge, and let me tell you, she is the best. She is from Utah as well and we always have a good time. We were able to teach a couple of lessons and it was a really good experience! One of the lessons we had was with 3 Chinese Uni students. There was Zoe, Kayleigh, and Sophia, and they were the absolute cutest things I have ever seen! We talked with them about some of the questions and concerns that they had and gave them chapters from the Book of Mormon to read and find the answers for themselves. Unfortunately, all of this girls come from a different religious background and their parents aren't very happy about them studying different things. So as of right now, none of them are able to be baptized. But Sophia said to us, "I'm not going to give up. I have two things, the scriptures, and you two. I know that this is true and that this is the path that I want to go on." So amazing!! She is planning on taking a Book of Mormon back to her parents this summer :) 
  Thank you so much for every thing!! I'm so grateful for all of your prayers and encouragement. I know that this church is true and that this is the Lord's work. Just like Sister Rasmussen says, "We are in the business of eternity."

I love you guys! Talk to you soon!

Love,

Sister Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment