Tuesday, November 18, 2014

One Month Down! - October 13, 2014


Dear Family,

   It's so good to hear from you! I love getting the scoop about all of the good and crazy things that are going on in your lives. Happy birthday to Carter and Vivi! That's so awesome that he had a brown bear birthday party :) Is he walking yet? And Eleanor has teeth?! What is going on? You guys aren't supposed to be changing while I'm away! I'm sorry to hear that the termites continued to get worse for Jesse and Heidi. Did they move to a place in the same area or are they somewhere completely new? Congrats to Matt on his first test! That's awesome that things are going well in school as well as in the area for them. Good luck to Trevor on his interviews! I'm so excited for them and anxious to hear where they will end up!
   Yesterday was the primary program for the Woodsetton ward too. The primary was tiny but they were so cute and they did such a good job. I'm so grateful for primary kids and for the sweet spirits that they have.  It strengthened my testimony and I know that the Lord has a special love for the young children. We had an investigator come to church! Her name is Charly and she came with her 3 year old son Connor. She is definitely a miracle. When we were on exchanges, Sister Rasmusson and Sister Eldredge were here in Sedgley. They decided to go out GQing and while they were out talking to people they came across a lady who was very drunk. She was walking out in front of cars and busses and they had to keep pulling her off of the road. Most of the people around them just kept on walking by but Charly was there and helped them out. That was two weeks ago. On Wednesday we were out walking and we ran into her again. We started talking with her and being the good missionaries that we are, we started talking to her about why we were there :) She told us that she was Catholic and that she hadn't been to church in a while. We told her that our church was held on Sunday and since her son Connor was there with her we mentioned that there were things for children as well. She turned to him and said, "What do you say Connor, do you want to go to church on Sunday?" She pretty much invited herself to church! It was awesome! Unfortunately she didn't stay for very long. She came early so we could give her a tour of the chapel and at 10 we went out to meet her mom who was bringing her other son Anthony. We talked about how the primary would be doing a special program in the third hour and when she found out that Anthony wouldn't be coming she decided that they would come back then. But she never did! We are going to try to meet with her this week and actually begin teaching her. It was kind of a bummer but I'm grateful that we were able to meet her again and that she was able to come for a little bit.
   I had my first Sunday roast yesterday! There was Yorkshire pudding and it was really good! The food is a little bit different here but for the most part things are pretty much the same. I'm definitely not complaining. We also had chips (fries) on bread while at a members house this week. Definitely going to eat that more often. I'm jealous that I wasn't able to partake of that German goodness but hopefully you'll be able to make it for me sometime :)
   Things are going pretty good! We did some contacting in Dudley this week and have a few people to contact. Hopefully they will still be interested and that we'll be able to set up a time to meet with them. We do have one investigator though that they were teaching before I got here and he isn't really progressing. We are meeting with him tonight and hopefully we'll be able to figure out what he needs. The work is busy but I love it! The beginning was a little bit tough for me but things are picking up. Even though we aren't having a whole lot of success, I know that the Lord is preparing people to hear the gospel. I love being a missionary and I love this gospel! Thank you for your support!! I love you all!! Talk to you next week!

Love,
Sister Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment