Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Chairball! - October 20, 2014


Hey Family!

 It's good to hear that you guys have had such a wonderful time on your trip! Did you buy the usual Kinder surprise? Luckily they have them everywhere over here so I wasn't too disappointed that I wasn't able to go with :) How are grandma and grandpa doing? Ah the Prince of Wales. No point in doing your hair really. One proper gust and it's all over!  Lately it's been pretty windy over here and I hate it so much. The cold has been on and off but it makes it so much worse when it's blowing. I finally got a winter coat today but we'll see if I end up keeping it. You know how indecisive I can be. Holy champion bowler mom!! Now I see where I get it from :) haha just kidding. That's so awesome though that you guys were able to make it up there and have a good time. I love hearing about all of your adventures and look forward to it every week!
  Things are going pretty good here in Woodsetton. The week was slow but we had some other things going on. On Thursday we were able to help Sister Brannon paint her living room. Normally people don't give us a lot of opportunities to serve so it was fun to finally be able to help someone.On Friday we had our follow-up training at the mission home. It was awesome! I was able to see Sister Silsby as well as the other missionaries I was with at the MTC. Everyone seems to be doing really well! At the beginning we split up and the new missionaries talked about the things that we were learning and what we were experiencing. Then everyone came back together and we talked about how to make our study more effective. One of the things he talked about was likening it unto ourselves. As an example, he had us flip to the first page of the restoration in Preach My Gospel where it talks about God being our loving Heavenly Father. We read over it once, and then we read over it again but replaced the word we with I and me. It was so powerful! It was something that I had read over dozens of times but when I likened it unto myself, it was a completely different experience. Kind of obvious but it was still really cool. Tomorrow we are teaching a lady named Georgette. I haven't met her yet, they talked to her during our workover with the STLs, but I'm really excited! I haven't had a "first" lesson yet and I'm stoked to finally have one. Hopefully things will go really well and she'll want to learn more :) Tonight we have FHE with the recent converts and some members. We have somewhat of a lesson planned so hopefully it will go alright. Afterwards we usually play chairball, a.k.a the best game ever. YOU GUYS HAVE TO PLAY IT. Everyone has a chair and you usually sit in a circle on the outside of the gym. Then you have a futbol and you kick it at each others chair. If your chair gets hit you are out. But, you can throw the ball while sitting down and get other people out. Preferably the person that got you out because it's revenge. It might not sound very fun but it is. Carson, you'll have to ask Ryan and Cameron if they have played and see what they think. This Wednesday we have zone meeting and I would be really excited except I have to give the purpose. It's not a big deal but I don't like doing things in front of people and I get really nervous. Hopefully I don't mess up! Other than that I'm really excited and can't wait to see the other missionaries again.
  I'm sorry I haven't sent very exciting pictures! I'm awful at taking them. Mom, I was planning on sending you some of the flat but it hasn't been very clean so I figured I should probably wait :) I promise I'll send you some more. I haven't figured out dropbox yet but I'm going to try it again. I hope you all have a fantastic week! I'll try to write things down as they happen so I can write more exciting emails. Keep up the good work! You guys are AMAZING. I love you all!! Thank you for everything! Talk to you soon!

Love,
Sister Wilde




       

No comments:

Post a Comment