Tuesday, November 18, 2014

New Investigator! - October 27, 2014


Hey family!

  It's so good to hear that everything is going well at home. Mom, I had no idea that you were going to Florida! That's awesome! I wish I could be soakin' up some sun right now. The sun hardly ever shines and even when it does, it's still cold because of the wind. I don't really mind it but I can see how it can get really gloomy over here. It's funny, whenever we make a comment about how cold it's getting, someone always makes sure to tell us that it's going to get worse. Awesome.
  Those pictures of Canada were awesome! I'm glad to see Mitch wearing his socks and sandals and Maddie that sure is a nice hoodie you've got on :) But you guys look so grown up!! It's crazy! You guys will have to let me know how Sadie's goes and if you do anything fun on Halloween. Can you believe that October is almost over?! I guess that things can get a little bit sketchy over here on Halloween so we have to be in our flats by 6. Hopefully we can get a little bit of candy and have our own little celebration.
   So our new investigator is Georgette! Our lesson went pretty well on Tuesday and we have another lesson with her tomorrow. She accepted the message of the restoration very well and I think that she will continue to want to know more. She shared with us how she would normally never stop and talk to someone on the street but that when Sister Burch and Sister Rasmusson approached her for some reason she felt like she should.  It definitely strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father really is preparing people. It can be hard when 9 out of 10 people turn you away but when that one person listens it changes everything. We also were able to contact one of our potentials and he is really interested and wants to come to church. His name is Thankgod but I guess people call him Cheezie. Haha! I don't know but he's awesome! We are hoping to meet up with him this week so I'll let you know how that goes.
  Sister Rasmusson and I had talks in church yesterday and I think that they went pretty well. Bishop wanted us to speak with one of our recent converts so we spoke with Samuel. We were supposed to help him with it but he said that he wanted to surprise us and did it all by himself. He did a really good job! He's been struggling a little bit and it was good to see him happy and healthy.
  I can't believe that Jenny is home!! That went by so slow and so fast at the same time! Right now time is going by so slow for me. I'm always asking other missionaries how long they've been out and they all tell me that even though it doesn't feel like it, it will go by so quickly. I'm sure that once things pick up and I'm used to the swing of things that I'll feel the same way.
  Thank you for your support and prayers! I love being a missionary and I know that I couldn't do it without you. I've learned so much already and I know that this is something that will bless my life forever. I love you all and I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Sister Wilde



No comments:

Post a Comment