Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 2 in Chelt - March 23, 2015

Hey family!!
 The days are just going by and I can't believe how fast the time is going. I don't like it! haha. But it's good to hear that everything is going well! Congrats to Vivi on her basketball tournament! She kicked my butt in speed when I was home so it doesn't suprise me that she's doing good at all :) 
 This week has been really good! I am absolutely IN LOVE with Cheltenham. The weather has been amazing, the trees are starting to bloom, and an epidemic of happiness has swept over the people of England. Have you ever heard of S.A.D? Maybe Sandra remembers it. It's seasonal something disorder and basically people get cranky when the weather is bad. Super happy that we are on the tail end of that :) The only down side to the warm weather is the unatural amounts of perspiration. It's disgusting. Especially when you are biking. I've definitely learned not to care too much about what I look like :)
  We've had a pretty big week of finding but we are also teacing some pretty cool people!
1.     Gareth is a uni student. There a couple of different campuses around here and it's awesome. He is studying literature and is oober smart. He's not really sure what he's looking for but he wants to know more. He read the chapter that we gave him last time but said that he didn't really "feel it". Prayer requests that he will be able to feel the spirit while he reads. 
2.     Christian is.. interesting. He is an older man who is very much involved with charities and humanitarian work. He wonders why God would allow such things to happen to His children. Probably one of the most common questions that we are asked. He actually starting rolling up a cigarette in front of us during our lesson! He said, "don't worry, I'm not going to smoke it in front of you." haha um what?
3.     Ben & Joel. They are currently in an internship to become leaders(?) in their Trinity church. They are very knowledgeable about the Bible and like to find fault in the Book of Mormon. I wasn't there the first time that they taught them and apparently they just opened up the Books side by side and began comparing them. Pretty intense! They aren't necessarily seeking but they still want learn more about our church. So hopefully in due time we'll get em :)
4.     Vicki is a mom who works at a spa. She's been investigating for a long time and knows the church is true but can't be baptized because she is living with her partner. They do have plans to be married but not until August. And she doesn't want to bring it up to him because she does't want him to think that she just wants to be married so she can get baptized. Kind of a crazy situation but we know that Heavenly Father will provide a way. Please pray for Vicki. 
  Overall, it was a pretty rad week! The members are constantly inviting us over for dinner, my legs are gettin big, and my testimony of this gospel and my love and gratitude for my Saviour is growing and growing. It's taken me a little bit of time, but I think that I finally realized this week that I don't have to be a perfect missionary. I don't have to know the answer to every question, or always say the right thing at the right time. I just have to be doing my best and giving Him my all. Even when it's hard. In Ether we read, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I have weaknesses. I always will. But I know that as I rely on my Saviour that He will help me to make those weak things become strong. 
  I love you all!! Thank you for your continued support and for your amazing examples. I hope you have a great week! Talk to you soon!

Love,

Sister Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment