Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Easter! - April 6, 2015

Hey Fam,

What an amazing weekend! I'm so grateful for General Conference and for the guidance and counsel that we are able to receive. It is such a special opportunity to hear from our prophet and to receive personal revelation. I know that Heavenly Father has heard my prayers and I'm grateful for the personal instruction that I have been given. Unfortunately, because of the time difference, we weren't able to see the Sunday afternoon session but I should be able to download it soon so I'm pretty excited to see that one as well :) Also, because it is only shown in a few locations, we were able to watch it with other missionaries in our zone and in the Gloucester zone. This meant that I got to see my MTC companion Sister Silsby! It was so fun to see her and catch up on things. I remember those two weeks in the MTC so well and I'm excited to be serving around her again!
 So this week has basically been the bomb.com. It was a pretty long week but the work is going really well. We kind of had a "challenge week" as a district and I have a solid testimony of setting goals and accountability. We set a goal to get 5 new investigators per team and we totally got it! It's been probably one of the best weeks for finding that I've had on my mission so far. The video was really helpful and a lot of our investigators came from it. Pretty cool! It's going to be really nice when we get our mini ipads in May.. :) So one of our new investigators is named Julia. She is originally from Russia but decided to come out here and study for a semester. The first lesson we had with her was pretty difficult. She has absolutely no belief in God and really has no desire to. So why is she meeting with us? haha I've asked myself that same question. She says that she just wants to learn about what we believe and what we teach. So we've just been going through the lessons with her and doing just that. We gave her a Book of Mormon to read and she's been reading it! She doesn't like to talk about them afterwards, but as long as she's reading it I don't really mind. Hopefully she'll start to open her mind and heart a little bit and allow herself to feel the spirit. Onesun is another one of our investigators. His name was Bradley something but he just recently changed it to Onesun Beingnow. haha he's a little bit interesting but he came to General Conference! So great! He said that he really enjoyed it and liked "how sincere the Mormons are." He says he doesn't have a religion or any specific belief, but he likes to think about it. I'm excited to start teaching him :) 
 This week should also be really good! We have interviews with President Rasmussen tomorrow, zone meeting on Thursday, and exchanges probably next week. Oh exciting news!! They announced today who our new mission president is going to be!! Crazy! It is President and Sister Leppard and they are from Surrey, England. I think it's going to be so weird to have a different Mission President but I'm excited for it as well. 
 I hope you all had a great Easter weekend! I'm so grateful for my Saviour Jesus Christ and for the Atonement and Resurrection. I'm grateful that He loved me enough to take upon Himself my sins and provide a way for me to live with my family forever. Saturday morning of conference was so powerful and I'm so grateful for the God's plan of happiness for us. I'm so grateful for the family that I have been given and for gospel centered home that I was able to grow up in. Thank you so much mom and dad for your powerful testimonies and for your continuous examples. I know that this church is true and that Heavenly Father really does love us so much. He desires nothing else but for us to choose to follow His Son and to return to live with Him again. "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." ( Mosiah 14:5) I know that my Redeemer lives! 

 I love you all! I hope you have a great week! Talk to you soon!

Love,

Sister Wilde

   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment