Monday, April 13, 2015

That Which We Persist in Doing - April 13, 2015

Hey Family!

 I'm so jealous that you guys went to Arches National Park! It looks like it was so much fun! But don't worry I'm still lovin it out here :) I can't believe that it's that time of year again. There was a group of us missionaries talking about "this time last year" and it was really weird to think that this time last year I was waiting for my mission call to arrive! Holy moly! It's weird to what will be going on this time next year.. :) Thank you so much for the package! It's safe to say that I was pleasantly surprised to see those girl scout cookies in there. You guys are the best!!
 So this week has been oober busy. It was fantastic!
·  On Tuesday we had interviews with President. It was so good! I love talking with him and getting his advice. It's weird to think that it could possibly be the last interview that I have with him. 
·  DA with the Smith's. They are a GCHQ family and they lived in Canada before moving here to England. They are the best! We had steak burritos with the ranch from Cafe Rio. I was in heaven. 
·  Zone meeting on Thursday! It was really good. We received training on helping our investigators keep commitments by teaching them about revelation through personal prayer, revelation through scripture study, and revelation through church attendance. 
·  Exchanges to Harborne! I went with Sister Stone and it was the best! I swear we must have known in the pre-earth life or something. It's weird! We just get along so well and basically know what each other is thinking all the time. We were able to teach a few lessons, bq a little bit, and have fun while we worked. I really hope that we'll be able to be companions one day :)
·  Beth. She is the coolest! We street contacted her on Wednesday but she couldn't talk for very long because she had to go to work. We set up a time to meet on Friday at 9.30 at the park and she was totally there! We hadn't been able to get in touch with her to confirm and honestly most people flog us so I wasn't too confident. So we taught her a basic restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon. We invited her to pray at the end of the lesson and she was just like, "sure why not. I'll give it a try." She said she can't come to church this week because of work but next week she should be good. She is coming to FHE tonight and we're seeing her again on Wednesday. Beth is the basically best :) 
·  Michael. He is from Poland and speaks very little English. So that's part of our deal; we'll teach him English and he learns about the gospel :) It's a different experience teaching someone that you can't communicate with but he's super solid and I know that the Spirit will be able to make up for the things that lack. 
  This morning we came to the church and played some rugby and some American football. It was so much fun! We also played some lightning and other basketball games. It was great to be able to have that ball in my hands and shoot around for a little bit :) It's been way too long! The subject line comes from that quote that Matt always had hanging up in his room. (I think that this is it) "That which we persist in doing become easier. Not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved." This has been going through my mind a lot lately. It's been really frustrating, because as you've probably noticed, we/I haven't been having a lot of success. It's hard not to compare myself to other missionaries and all the success that they seem to be having. But this week things started to get better :) We started teaching some really cool people and we are starting to see things progress. I know that it's not always going to be easy and that things aren't always going to go like we planned, but trusting in the Lord also means trusting in His timing. 

 I hope you guys have a great week! Don't forget the things that you learned from General Conference and keep being the amazing people that you are. talk to you next week! 

love,
Sister Wilde





No comments:

Post a Comment