Sunday, January 4, 2015

Training - Dec. 15, 2014

Hey Family!!

  It's so good to hear that everything is going well for you! I can't believe that December is already half way gone! I know I keep making comments about it but I really can't believe how fast the time is going. Are you guys all ready for Christmas?! I'm super jealous that you guys had snow. Sister Appleby hasn't ever seen snow before so we've been praying for it but unfortunately it hasn't come. It's looking pretty stormy today though so maybe we'll have a transfers miracle :)  That's awesome that you guys got to go to the MoTab concert! We watched the Christmas devotional last night at our chapel and I thought it was really good. I love this time of year and I'm so grateful for the the opportunity that it gives us to focus on the Savior. He truly is the ultimate gift and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be one of His representatives.
  So this week has been pretty great! We had Zone Conference on Tuesday and it was soo good. President Rasmussen talked to us about how we can give more selfless service to our Savior. He shared with us the story in Matthew, when the Savior calls His apostles to come and follow Him. He then talked to us about some of the "nets" that might be holding us back and what we can do to leave them behind. It definitely made me realize that there were still some things that were holding me back. I've tried to apply it this week and I have definitely seen a difference. I have found so much more joy in the work and I have felt a greater love for those around me. I know that as we give ourselves to the Savior, He will make more of us than we ever could on our own. It was so good to see everyone and to feel of the spirit of missionary work. I'm just so happy to be part of it! The first session was two hours, then we hada break with a nice meal, and then went back in for some more instruction and departing testimonies. So crazy! Sister Appleby did a really good job as well as the other missionaries. It definitely made me want to make the most of this time that I have because it will come to an end. Not anytime soon, but definitely in time.
  Things are still going pretty good with our investigators. Megan is struggling a little bit and says she isn't ready to commit to a church yet. We're having a lesson with her tomorrow and hopefully we'll be able to resolve her concerns. Georgette was able to come to church yesterday! She said she enjoyed it and wants to come again. Another great thing, Jeremy, one of our older investigators, finally agreed to a date! He was pretty hesitant towards it but he said that he would prepare himself for the 17th of January. Pretty exciting! He's been moving pretty slowly for awhile but he's starting to gain his own testimony and it's been so amazing to see.
  Oh, btw on Monday I got another call from President... I'm going to be a TRAINER! And boy am I stressin'. I don't feel qualified at all! But there are going to be eleven new sisters coming into the mission this transfer and just about every set of sisters is going to be in training. So I'll be staying here in Woodsetton with my trainee for another two transfers; six months total! I guess that pretty common for a first area but March seems so far away. I'll send lots of pictures next week and show you who my "daughter" is. I guess that means I'm expecting right now? Weird!
  Anyways, I hope that you guys have an amazing week. Good luck in your games and concerts and everything else that you have going on. We're still trying to find somewhere to skype but I think that it will all be okay. I'm not sure what time yet because I don't know where my next companion will be from but I'll let you guys know next week the specifics. I love you all and can't wait to see you next week! Talk to you soon!!

Love,
Sister Wilde






No comments:

Post a Comment