Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Week 1 - September 17, 2014



Hey Family!
I can't believe that it's already been one week! No doubt it's been the longest week of my life but it's also been really good. I think it's safe to say that my experience has been a little bit like Dad's but I know that if it was any easier I wouldn't be learning as much as I have.
The Northfield 1st ward eh?! That's so crazy! Also crazy that Brother Smith is the new bishop and that Dad isn't. I was kind of disappointed that I would be gone just the week before he would be released but I'm excited for him and for what's to come. Nursery maybe? Ha ha, definitely let me know! Thank you for the letters that you gave me! I have been struggling a bit and they were just what I needed to give me that extra boost. My companion's name is Sister Silsby. She is from the southern part of England and she is awesome! We get along really well and have had a lot of fun. We haven't had the best times teaching but I think that we're finally starting to figure things out. Hopefully only good things are ahead of us. The MTC here is really small compared to the one in Provo but it's been really nice because we've been able to get to know everyone really well. In our room there are six of us: Sister Silsby, Francis, Wilkinson, McKinnon, Pascua Duzon, and myself. It's pretty much a party. Just kidding. But it really has been a blessing that we have become so close. It's really sad that we aren't all going to the same place. The presidency and their wives are amazing and I feel really blessed to be in such an amazing place. The food has been pretty good, although they've been nice to us Americans and haven't thrown anything too crazy at us. It's weird to think that I'll be out on the streets of Birmingham in another week but we had the chance to go to an Asda store (Wal-mart) today and being out in the "real world" made me really excited.
Thank you for all of the love, support and prayers!! I seriously have the greatest family and friends in the whole world. I know that this church is true and that Christ is my Savior. I have come to feel of His love even more while I've been here and I'm grateful that I have this opportunity to represent Him. I love you guys and can't wait to hear more from you next week!

Cheers!
Sister Wilde

                             



No comments:

Post a Comment